Conversational Bit
During a conversation with a co-worker today, that was somehow related to my pregnancy, though I can't at all remember in what way, I found myself uttering the following phrase:
"I know you might *think* I'm gestating a baby in each thigh, but you would be wrong."
I snorted at my own hilarious zing, and only moments later realized self-zings aren't nearly so funny as zings about your brother or your husband or your dog. Instead, my glee rapidly disintegrated and I found myself staring down, glancing from thigh to thigh, trying to determine whether they really are large enough now to fit an 8-month baby-full ute into each one.
I'm thinking Yep---they'd provide a nice, comfy home, with room to spare for an overstuffed recliner and home entertainment center. (Maybe even a wet bar.)
*sigh*
"I know you might *think* I'm gestating a baby in each thigh, but you would be wrong."
I snorted at my own hilarious zing, and only moments later realized self-zings aren't nearly so funny as zings about your brother or your husband or your dog. Instead, my glee rapidly disintegrated and I found myself staring down, glancing from thigh to thigh, trying to determine whether they really are large enough now to fit an 8-month baby-full ute into each one.
I'm thinking Yep---they'd provide a nice, comfy home, with room to spare for an overstuffed recliner and home entertainment center. (Maybe even a wet bar.)
*sigh*

5 Comments:
I am sure you look FAR better than you imagine...but I understand the temptation to self-zing.
Oh, how funny, and totally untrue!!
I felt like I had one in my belly and twins in my ass when I was pregnant, so I totally understand how you feel.
K, it's funny - but so not true! I've seen the pics and you are one hot momma! ;)
Ha ha. Here I am 11 weeks postpartum, slimmer in the tummy but still looking like I have at least a kitten or small puppy in each thigh. Good luck with the remainder of the pregnancy!!
So far I have seen no pics that would make me think that at all. You look fabulous!! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home