Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Real Baby In There

On Saturday during my visit home to Indiana, we told my parents we were going out for lunch, so when we pulled onto a medical campus, my mom just kept saying, "I don't see a restaurant. Where would there be a restaurant in here?" My dad, on the other hand, looked very nervous, kept twiddling with his mustache and chain-smoking in the parking lot, wondering, I'm sure, "Shit.....is this some kind of intervention? Oh, shit." My parents still had no real understanding of what was going on until they sat down in the little theatre and the 4D ultrasound video popped up on the big screen.

To say they were amazed doesn't really touch the amount of shock they were experiencing. My parents are technological throwbacks, not owning computers, damning all credit cards to hell, and swearing that the government will soon be issuing us all tattooed identification numbers. So, the whole experience was completely foreign and new to them. My mom made little exclamations like, "Oh, look!" about every 30 seconds. And my dad, a very stoic sort of concrete man, was caught dabbing at his eyes a few times. They have felt so distant from the whole baby experience, and seeing Snippet there moving around, yawning, stretching, kicking, opening his eyes---well, it was pretty incredible. We were so lucky that our little boy was feeling personable and gave us lots of good shots of his sweet little face.

I do have this warning to issue, though. If any of you happen by our house (or even travel within, say, 50 miles of our house, or we make up some lame excuse to stop by your house) you will be ensnared in our web and forced to watch the entire 30-minute DVD of our session. But, I promise, I will limit myself to saying, "Doesn't he have a cute little face! Doesn't he!" only about 20 times (okay.....maybe 25.....)




11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! He does have such a cute face! He is adorable!

I love that you surprised your parents with that. Brilliant idea and something I may steal if I'm ever blessed to get to that point.

:) Carrie

10:38 PM  
Blogger Lori Lavender Luz said...

That is so cool, Deanna!

He is verrrrry handsome.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

He's so adorable Deanna!! It's so neat that you were able to share that with your parents. Something they'll never forget.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Miss X said...

Gorgeous De!

(Wiping a tear or two from MY eyes!) :)

10:40 AM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

That first photo, with his eyes open - that is just too freaking amazing. He is so adorable.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Roni said...

OMG D, he is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

What a miracle, and what a fabulous invention the 4D was! I had a 3D with Eddie, which I cherish, but it didn't have the clarity of the 4D, and no video for me :(

I would let you show me that DVD over and over, and I'd be egging you on to tell me how cute he is!!!

And the thing with your parents - absolutely the sweetest gift ever.

BTW, didn't get to post on your last entry - I'm so thrilled that you've passed this last milestone, and I totally understand how you feel about it!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Mindy Richmond said...

Those 4D ultrasounds are just amazing. Little Snippet is definitely a cute one, there's no doubt about that!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Shonda Little said...

These ultrasounds are wicked cool! The baby's face is perfect. Congratulations!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is beautiful! You got such great pictures, and how cool about surprising your parents. That would have brought me to tears to be there.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am absolutely entranced by your son's beautiful little face.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

It's amazing how much they look like the 4D u/s pics too! Once you see him outside the womb, you'll be able to look at those clay-baby pictures (don't they look like they're made out of clay?) and see that you knew how he looked the entire time :-)

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home