Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Winsome Smile

**ETA** Check under the original ultrasound pic for a detailed version, showing what's what! (All for you, Karen!)

Today's scan showed a healthy little boy, who appears to have no heart problems at all. Wahoooo! The ultrasound technician took lots of shots of all the chambers and his aorta, and she said she sees no reason to be concerned. She honestly agrees with the OB that a previous bad camera angle is to blame for the radiologist's failing grade. She feels certain that he will approve today's batch of pictures and we'll continue merrily on our way.

Personally, I think Snippet's little smiling face says it all! He's weighing in at 1 pound 5 ounces, and is measuring exactly on-time at 23 weeks 1 day. It was nice to see him now, looking a little less skeletal than he did at 18 weeks. I can actually see little chubby cheeks in this picture, and his pot belly was hilarious. It looks nearly twice the size of his head! He has some nice long legs, and arms that were waving all over the place. Here's hoping his cooperation in utero is a sign that he'll be as accommodating once he's out in the world!



19 Comments:

Blogger Wordgirl said...

Oh Deanna,

I'm so happy.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week -- this must be a great relief.

XO

Pam

10:28 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Sooooo glad everything is looking good! What a relief

10:29 AM  
Blogger loribeth said...

That must be such a relief!!

I want to pinch those chubby cheeks, lol.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome news Dee! Just thrilled!


Miss X

11:10 AM  
Blogger Lori Lavender Luz said...

He looks just like his Daddy!

(Does Daddy have a pot belly?)

Glad for the good news, D.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Roni said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!!!!!!!

What a beautiful boy he is already.

I'm so happy for you.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh, gosh! I'm so relieved and happy for you! What a handsome little guy :)

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I'm so happy I'm so happy!

Excellent. Well done that baby.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Chastity said...

What terrific news!!

9:48 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

LORI: Oh, yes....there is quite the pot-belly resemblance going on between Jake and Snippet, and Jake and me, for that matter! Poor jake. =)

7:03 AM  
Blogger Fat Girl said...

Yay! I knew everything would turn out ok. Ultrasound techs know what to look for so if she wasn't worried the first time, I wasn't worried. However, it is nice to hear confirmation (and to see the baby again)!

=)

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to be honest here and say that this is the first ultrasound I've seen where I can't make anything out! Usually I hear people say they can never see the baby in ultrasounds and I just roll my eyes at how silly they are, but now it's me! Help me, Deanna! :) I've stared at the picture 3 times now for minutes at a time and I just can't do it myself.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Karen,

Top left you'll see a C shape - that's the top of the skull. Then there is a horizontal line to the right, and that's the nose. Two black round orbs on either side of that line are the eyes. Then stroll down to the right and the other big round thing is his big ol' belly! You can even see either a hand or a part of the cord on top right.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

And let us not forget those pinch-able cheeks and handsome smile just to the right of his nose.

*collective "awww"*

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see him! Thanks, guys. :) So cute...you're right, that belly looks healthy!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

How cute is that?

1:31 PM  
Blogger tobacco brunette said...

What a relief! You guys have been on my mind...I'm so glad to read this news. And his belly is SO cute.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

What a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Rebel With.A.Cause said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that everything was ok, I kinda figured it was!!

He is a little cutie to, hmmm I think he looks like me though!! LOL :o)

Hugs to you and Jake sweetie!!!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home