Thursday, May 08, 2008

Transformation

Oh, holey-moley......the crib and dressing table have been ordered.

They're in shipment. En route to MY. HOUSE. Due to arrive sometime next week.

My head is just spinning. This is better than Christmas! Of course, my top Christmas presents as a kid weren't awfully stunning. Favorites included a hair dryer, a Sandi Patti tape, and a fake Cabbage Patch Kid doll. This Christmas-in-May event tops all of that---even the hair dryer (which was a treasure needed to create impressive side-wings and front poof.)

This is better than a poof-creating machine. This is something out of supernatural sci-fi. These things in my house.

And, tomorrow there is a man coming to measure the nursery and our bedroom for carpeting---something we should have treated ourselves to when we first bought the house, but just couldn't justify the cost. Currently there is just paint-bespattered sub-floor up there with lots of gaps in the wood for pinching feet and toes, and collecting cat litter. Snippet was finally enough of a permission for us to go ahead and enjoy the luxury of a pain-free barefoot existence.

My house will never be the same (not sure if that should end in exclamation point or elipsis.) Hmmm.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Your house will never be the same again! Like Christmas forever, with extra squeaking and less sleep! So exciting! Heh heh heh.

*hug*

1:41 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

YAY!!!! I can't wait to see pics of the nursery. I'm so glad you are letting go and really getting into the pg spirit! Speaking of which, I really need to get on the ball with furniture. I am procrastinating so badly! XOXO

4:56 PM  
Blogger Roni said...

Fantastic!!! And so, so well deserved. Enjoy every single moment :) And you're right - it will never be the same. It will only be better, as you already know.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yay!! :)

I know I was bugging Jeremy for DAYS to go pick up the furniture once it arrived. When I started having dreams about it, he gave in and we went to pick it up. It's just so exciting and a real, tangible baby object. Our lives will be forever changed - but that's what we wanted, right??

1:02 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

How fantastic that it will never be the same!

Happy First Mother's Day to you!

(PS- We need some updated belly pics!)

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home