Giant Baby at 31 Weeks
Snippet is starting to feel like Mr. Gigantor. He's big enough now that I can actually FEEL the bulk of him. I can't yet really distinguish which body parts I'm feeling, but I can definitely tell now where he's mostly situated. He's so big, in fact, that if he's especially leaned to one side, people looking at me can see that my belly is lopsided. He's also big enough that people looking on can see him jumping around when he gets particularly worked up. One day I'm sure I'm going to freak the heck out of some kid who happens to catch the Snippet Show.
As it is, I've noticed that little girls think I'm totally fascinating. I catch them sneaking stares all the time now. The little-little girls just glance, but older girls, like 9-12 years old, really stare hard. The look they carry is a strange combination of fascination and fear. It's much the same combination I feel when I stand naked in front of our bedroom mirror. I'm amazed at how foreign my own body is to me now, but I also admire it for all that it is doing to care for my little boy.
As it is, I've noticed that little girls think I'm totally fascinating. I catch them sneaking stares all the time now. The little-little girls just glance, but older girls, like 9-12 years old, really stare hard. The look they carry is a strange combination of fascination and fear. It's much the same combination I feel when I stand naked in front of our bedroom mirror. I'm amazed at how foreign my own body is to me now, but I also admire it for all that it is doing to care for my little boy.

11 Comments:
Hot mama comin' through! You look fabulous!
You look great!
You look fantastic! Right there with you on how crazy it is to look at myself. And I can not believe you're at 31 weeks already
What a belly! Totally adorable :)
You look fabulous! Those girls are staring at you because they recently learned what sex is in their health classes and they know you've "done it" teehee.
Oh you have like the perfect bump!
You have such a gorgeous belly!!
I have to say that even though I've been through this once before my body still seems foreign. I look at it in the mirror and hardly recognize it. It's completely worth it of course but definitely weird.
Oh and I'm still not great at distinguishing parts when Olivia is moving. I absolutely know her butt (because she's head down and pushes up ALL THE TIME!!) and every once in a while I feel a foot but otherwise there are jabs and pokes and I have no idea if I'm being given a knee or an elbow. Of course I love every whack, I just have no idea where they're coming from!
You look completely amazing!
Lookin good!
Cuteness! You're all belly!
Holy cow you look great! I mean, you look like a normal, thin person who swallowed a big beach ball. I looked like a beach ball from my neck to my feet, so I'm having total retroactive envy!
Seriously, D, you look absolutely fantastic. And it's awesome that Snippet is so active, even though I'm sure it doesn't always feel so great when he's doing it!
Post a Comment
<< Home