Thank You to Someone Wonderful
I received the sweetest little gift basket yesterday from Burt's Bees full of all kinds of neato baby stuff---lotion, shampoo, oil, powder, etc. It was all wrapped in this adorable basket with a pretty bow and waiting for me boxed-up on my front step when I got home from work yesterday. I scoured the package label, the basket wrapping and all throughout the box, but couldn't find a clue anywhere as to who sent it. Whoever ordered it had it drop-shipped directly from Burt's Bees, so the company return address is all that is listed on the label. I called Burt's Bees this morning to ask if they could tell me who ordered it, but they have some kind of policy against that sort of thing.
So, here's my dilemma: What should I do about acknowledging the gift? I feel wretched having no one to thank for their kind consideration. I have a couple of ideas about who might have sent it, but really, they're just guesses in the dark. Should I email my list of possible senders and ask if they sent it? Or, should I just wait and see if someone calls or emails to ask if I received it?
So, here's my dilemma: What should I do about acknowledging the gift? I feel wretched having no one to thank for their kind consideration. I have a couple of ideas about who might have sent it, but really, they're just guesses in the dark. Should I email my list of possible senders and ask if they sent it? Or, should I just wait and see if someone calls or emails to ask if I received it?

4 Comments:
First I would go back over the packing slip (you've probably already done this) because sometimes the sender is in a weird place on the paper?
Second, I'd wait until after your baby shower(s) to go searching for the giver because someone might mention it to you at that point and the mystery will be solved.
Also, if the sender does't hear from you they might think that the package was never delivered and call you to check and again, mystery solved.
Hmm...I think I agree with Karen...wait until after your shower, and maybe that'll help to narrow it down. If you're still unsure, then I'd ask.
I agree with the others. How sweet, and yet how frustrating!!
I've had this happen a few times now. I sent individual emails to my list of suspects and struck gold each time. Whoever sent it will wonder if you got it so if you can flush them out, it will ease their mind. You have a nice writing style so I'm sure you will have no trouble phrasing the email so as not to put the non gift-givers on the spot.
Post a Comment
<< Home