From the Front Lines
Well, I'll be damned, but the hospital has free wifi. Woot!
Jake and I waited until 8:30am to call my doctor to check in and let him know what was going on. At that point, it had been 9 hours since my water broke, and my contractions had slowed to near zilch. The doc sent me to the hospital to be checked and met us there with a disappointed air. He was peevy that we had waited so long to call, and said that normally contractions aren't regular by 4-6 hours after the water breaks, he cranks the Pitocin. By the time we saw him, it was 10 hours, so, yeah, he was peeved, but not bitchy or anything. He said Pitocin was the only option, and leaving the hospital to try walking, etc. was not an option this far after the damn breakage.
So. Here I sit, slumped in bed, with the Pitocin dripping away. It's Noon on the nose---12 hours since my water broke. They're starting me on low doses of Pit, but my contractions are still pretty lazy. I'm thinking Snippet is living the high life in his bachelor pad, and is not so much a fan of the whole being born thing. Why be born when you can just float around in a perpetual private sauna, complete with free food and a kickin' sound system?
Will update again soon......
Jake and I waited until 8:30am to call my doctor to check in and let him know what was going on. At that point, it had been 9 hours since my water broke, and my contractions had slowed to near zilch. The doc sent me to the hospital to be checked and met us there with a disappointed air. He was peevy that we had waited so long to call, and said that normally contractions aren't regular by 4-6 hours after the water breaks, he cranks the Pitocin. By the time we saw him, it was 10 hours, so, yeah, he was peeved, but not bitchy or anything. He said Pitocin was the only option, and leaving the hospital to try walking, etc. was not an option this far after the damn breakage.
So. Here I sit, slumped in bed, with the Pitocin dripping away. It's Noon on the nose---12 hours since my water broke. They're starting me on low doses of Pit, but my contractions are still pretty lazy. I'm thinking Snippet is living the high life in his bachelor pad, and is not so much a fan of the whole being born thing. Why be born when you can just float around in a perpetual private sauna, complete with free food and a kickin' sound system?
Will update again soon......

4 Comments:
I am so sorry that you had to get the Pitocin, but am very relieved you are there. And if it means Snippet's well being, then I'm glad that they have induced you.
I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you here, that all goes quickly and without any snags.
I'm really sorry things are going as you wanted, but really happy you will see Snippet soon!
Wow! I can't believe today is the day! I'm so happy for you! I'll be thinking about you and hope that delivery goes well and that you soon have your little boy in your arms.
Can't wait to see another update! :)
Oh my god I leave for the weekend and you go and have your baby...
Oh Deanna I'm thinking of you and snippet and Jake -- sending love and thoughts your way.
Love,
Pam
Post a Comment
<< Home