And, So It Begins
Well, first off, KAREN (my night owl friend): If you're awake right now, CALL ME!
Why? Because my water just broke.
Well, at 11:20pm-ish it broke. Right now, I'm just sitting here trying not to freak out. Trying to figure things out and make sure I do the right thing.
If I rush off the hospital right now, they will want to test the fluid to make sure it's amniotic. Well, I don't need a test to tell me that the fluid that came in gushes all the way downstairs, all over the bath mat and all over my underwear is the amniotic kind. It's a clear, odorless fluid, and there's plenty of it----honestly, it just smells like air. So, I don't need a test to confirm I, actually, have not peed myself.
And, if I rush off the hospital, their 24-hours-to-delivery clock will start ticking and they'll wanna whip out the pitocin. Cranked up on that, I won't be able to withstand the uber-contractions, and I'll end up on drugs and I just don't want any part of any of that. So.....I don't want to do any rushing.
I just want to think.
And, do the right thing.
I hope I'm doing the right thing.
Why? Because my water just broke.
Well, at 11:20pm-ish it broke. Right now, I'm just sitting here trying not to freak out. Trying to figure things out and make sure I do the right thing.
If I rush off the hospital right now, they will want to test the fluid to make sure it's amniotic. Well, I don't need a test to tell me that the fluid that came in gushes all the way downstairs, all over the bath mat and all over my underwear is the amniotic kind. It's a clear, odorless fluid, and there's plenty of it----honestly, it just smells like air. So, I don't need a test to confirm I, actually, have not peed myself.
And, if I rush off the hospital, their 24-hours-to-delivery clock will start ticking and they'll wanna whip out the pitocin. Cranked up on that, I won't be able to withstand the uber-contractions, and I'll end up on drugs and I just don't want any part of any of that. So.....I don't want to do any rushing.
I just want to think.
And, do the right thing.
I hope I'm doing the right thing.

1 Comments:
Yeah!! I'll be waiting for an update! Good luck today!! Sending lots of hugs and strength to get through it as quickly and painlessly as possible so you can enjoy the good stuff once Snippett is here!
Post a Comment
<< Home