Contraction Connection
Just wanted to post a braxton-hicks contractions update to soften the suspense and let you know that the excitement has dulled much since Saturday's big contraction party. I'm still getting them frequently, but only 3-5 per hour, instead of the ones on Saturday that were nearly atop one another. Oddly enough, though, they're lasting pretty long---about a whole minute or 1.5 minutes each. There is still absolutely no pain accompanying them---they just come and go, and get Snippet all worked up. I hope he's not feeling horribly squished, but if he could speak, I think he'd be bitching about them.
As I reflect on Saturday's plethora of contractions, I realize that I drank almost no water that day. I normally drink tons through the week while I'm at work, but I get pretty lax about it on the weekends. That Saturday, my only liquids had been two cups of coffee, and a couple of sodas. I wasn't feeling particularly parental, I suppose, and was dying for some friggin' caffeine so I could actually accomplish some of the boring, disgusting housecleaning projects that Jake and I had on the docket. So, I'm chalking up the sudden contraction frequency to lack of proper hydration, as things are much clamer this week.
Bah. Apologies for the false alarm.
As I reflect on Saturday's plethora of contractions, I realize that I drank almost no water that day. I normally drink tons through the week while I'm at work, but I get pretty lax about it on the weekends. That Saturday, my only liquids had been two cups of coffee, and a couple of sodas. I wasn't feeling particularly parental, I suppose, and was dying for some friggin' caffeine so I could actually accomplish some of the boring, disgusting housecleaning projects that Jake and I had on the docket. So, I'm chalking up the sudden contraction frequency to lack of proper hydration, as things are much clamer this week.
Bah. Apologies for the false alarm.

1 Comments:
I'm really excited for you to finally meet snippet!
Post a Comment
<< Home