Snippet's Debut
Today's ultrasound showed that Snippet is a little bit younger than the original calendar estimates yielded. According to the basic period-start-date model, I should be 7 weeks pregnant today, but Snippet is measuring at 6 weeks. This means I ovulated a little later than the CD14 calculating average. This change also adjusts my due date to October 14th, just 2 days ahead of my birthday on the 16th. Although having her on my birthday might be a bit neato, I think every kid deserves to have their own special day, so I hope she lands somewhere on either side of the 16th.
Although it sucks to be "stuck" at 6 weeks for another week, it makes me feel a lot better about those super-light positive pee tests that I got at home. Here I was worried because I was sure I was testing around 16DPO and thought the test lines should have been much darker, but really, I was only somewhere around 8DPO. No wonder the lines were so frickin' pale!! I'm actually amazed that they picked up anything at all that early.
When Snippet first popped up on the ultrasound screen, the technician measured her and warned me that it was probably too early to see a heartbeat. Since she was so tiny, the belly ultrasound was barely picking her up. So, I found myself back in the stirrups for another vagina diving session, but how wonderful it was to be searching the waters for something other than follicles. The first thing that came into view was the yolk sack, and then Snippet appeared and wouldn't you know---her tiny heart was pounding away! It was so visible, so clear and strong---even the technician was surprised and noted that was "a really good sign so early on." It was the kind of revelation that choked my throat, and I began tearing up with happiness and relief. If you could only have seen it! There was no missing that bright flicker! I'm so grateful that the technician recorded the session for us, so that Jake can see that little heart beating as soon as we get home from work tonight. I can hardly wait to share it with him!
Without further ado, here she is! Focus on the little black blob in the middle. Then find the two white X's. The first X marks the top of her, and the second marks the bottom of her. She's a whopping .35 centimeters long, but at least now I know she's definitely in there!
Although it sucks to be "stuck" at 6 weeks for another week, it makes me feel a lot better about those super-light positive pee tests that I got at home. Here I was worried because I was sure I was testing around 16DPO and thought the test lines should have been much darker, but really, I was only somewhere around 8DPO. No wonder the lines were so frickin' pale!! I'm actually amazed that they picked up anything at all that early.
When Snippet first popped up on the ultrasound screen, the technician measured her and warned me that it was probably too early to see a heartbeat. Since she was so tiny, the belly ultrasound was barely picking her up. So, I found myself back in the stirrups for another vagina diving session, but how wonderful it was to be searching the waters for something other than follicles. The first thing that came into view was the yolk sack, and then Snippet appeared and wouldn't you know---her tiny heart was pounding away! It was so visible, so clear and strong---even the technician was surprised and noted that was "a really good sign so early on." It was the kind of revelation that choked my throat, and I began tearing up with happiness and relief. If you could only have seen it! There was no missing that bright flicker! I'm so grateful that the technician recorded the session for us, so that Jake can see that little heart beating as soon as we get home from work tonight. I can hardly wait to share it with him!
Without further ado, here she is! Focus on the little black blob in the middle. Then find the two white X's. The first X marks the top of her, and the second marks the bottom of her. She's a whopping .35 centimeters long, but at least now I know she's definitely in there!

18 Comments:
That is so cooool!
So great! I would be beyond thrilled!
Miss X
Looks great!! Congrats!
Snippet is so beautiful Deanna!! I got all misty reading your post. What a wonderful sight!
Just the 2nd cutest little baby blob EVER! (I'm a little biased). Wasn't it the BEST feeling - actually seeing her IN there!?
*big happy hugs*
Oh, D - this is wonderful!! And I'm so happy that you have some explanation for the light pee sticks, although your betas were very respectable. And now Snippet has a heartbeat - the most beautiful sight/sound in the world. Thank you for sharing such a lovely, lovely picture.
You and Snippet are doing great, mommy!!!!
What a great looking blob!!! :-) We heard Aiden's heartbeat at 6 weeks 4 days and that was a great sign. I hope it's the exact same for you. Yay!!
She is Beautiful!!!
Absolutely beautiful! :)
What a wonderful gift to see the heartbeat so early. A good sign for sure.
A million congrats - I am just so thrilled that this is happening for you guys!!
Snippet is adorable :) Congrats again!
YEAH!!! I'm so glad it went well! And Snippet looks just beautiful
I'm so happy for you!!!! I admit that I was a bit worried too when you were posting all of the super light pee sticks. I was terrified you were going to have a chemical pregnancy. But a hearbeat already! That's fabulous!!
It's so great that you saw the heartbeat. Congratulations!!
Huge Congratulatios Deanna! So happy that you had sunch an amazing u/s!
Hugs,
Sarah (Witters)
SARAH! Thanks so much for stopping by! It's so great to see you!
And what a beautiful little tiny smudge Snippet is too.
Oh, welcome Snippet! You are in fine company and so much anticipated. xxoo Moo & your friend -to-be baby Moo
Post a Comment
<< Home