Thursday, February 07, 2008

Second Beta Results

I just got the news that my hcg level yesterday measured 574!!! This is good news, right?! RIGHT?!

My level on Wednesday, January 30th was 66. If it should double every 48 hours, then it should have doubled at least three times since then. If my math is right (and I'm not all that sure it is), the minimum level today to show proper doubling would be 198. So, 574 is looking pretty good?

Somebody please weigh in and tell me if my numbers are figured correctly! I'm sitting here trying to dicker with numbers in a frenzied, emotional state! To say I don't trust my math is putting things lightly, oy. Many thanks to those of you who know how this is supposed to work!

18 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Someday said...

Your Beta should double approximately every 48 hours. A faster doubling time than that is always good, and a slower time isn't necessarily a cause for concern. If your Beta on 1-30 was 66, then you would expect the following:
1-30 66
2-1 122
2-3 244
2-5 488
It sounds like you are right in that range!! You might also try www.betabase.info That site can give you more stats and info.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Looks like it's right where it should be!! Yeah!!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Not sure if I'm doing this wrong but I come up with roughly 792 for the morning of the 6th. I could be totally wrong though.

Either way your number sounds encouraging!


Miss X

5:24 PM  
Blogger sharah said...

Just taking your doubling three times:
66x2=132
132x2=264
264x2=528
Looks good!

5:27 PM  
Blogger In and Out of Luck said...

That does look good - my clinic actually told me they just want to see you go up 60-70% every 48 hours. Like Sharah said, 100% every 48 hours would put you at 528 on Tuesday (three 48 intervals after last Wed) and 1056 for today, with 792 as yesterday's midpoint (528+264). I myself though doubled (this time! this time!) at a slower rate than that. It looks good!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

As everyone else had already said, your numbers look perfect! I too got 528 for Tuesday, so this is great news!!!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm good at Math but not at Pregnancy Math, so I'll just rely on the others and say "Hooray!"

7:03 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Using the doubling calculator at http://www.perinatology.com/calculators/ect.htm
I get a doubling time of 2.24 days... which is A-OK! The goal is every 48 hours, more or less.

Furthermore that calculator doesn't take into account whether or not you got your blood drawn at exactly the same time of day - a few hours either way would make a big difference - and I didn't know the time to enter anyway!

Doubling time generally INCREASES the longer you are pregnant, too, so I think you are ROCKIN'! Hooray, hooray, hooray!

7:07 PM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

I also got 528 - so your number is GREAT!!! Congrats!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Safire said...

Numbers look great!! Right on trget. Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Fantastic numbers!!! Woohoo!!! I am just so excited for you

8:31 PM  
Blogger tobacco brunette said...

Beta's looking good! Yay!!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

That number means only one thing:

YOU'RE FREAKIN' PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great to me. I am so happy for you guys! What an uplifting discovery!!!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I got the same results as Jen and I think it sounds FABULOUS!! YAY!! When do you go in for an ultrasound?? Or did I miss that info?

10:57 AM  
Blogger Roni said...

OMG OMG OMG The numbers are OUTSTANDING!!!!!

D, sit down - YOU ARE REALLY PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!

Happy dancing continues, with more enthusiasm (if possible) with the second beta. Absolutely, completely fantastic news!!!!!!!!

11:00 AM  
Blogger moo said...

De, lalallalallallallallallalalla
from the farm..which is STILL making me giggle

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to www.betabase.info your doubling time is 53.84 hours which is right on target as most docs want to see your numbers double every 48-72 hours.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home