Saturday, January 24, 2009

Farewell

Our dog, Sami, passed away tonight.
She was in respiratory distress and was not improving after spending the night on a ventilator.
Letting her go was so awfully sad, but seemed like the kindest thing we could do for her.

Snippet doesn't know it, but he just lost his best friend.



20 Comments:

Blogger Mindy Richmond said...

I'm so sorry to hear that - it is hard to lose such a loyal friend. Sending lots of virtual hugs your way...

10:01 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry. I really wish things could have turned out better. She will always know that you were there for her, nurturing her until the end. Lots of hugs and a virtual shoulder. xoxo

10:13 PM  
Blogger Safire said...

Oh I am so sorry. It's hard to loose a dog, a loyal friend. (hugs)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So sorry about your loss. I know you will miss him a bunch.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sad for you! I have no idea how you must feel because I haven't yet lost a dog...I am dreading it since both of ours are senior citizens. I am so sorry, Deanna. Your last sentence just broke my heart.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Is that your puppy? I know her life was short, but you gave her a wonderful home and family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

6:27 AM  
Blogger deanna said...

SUE: Yes, that's the dog I always called Puppy. She was only a year old, so she never quite felt like a grown-up dog to us.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Awww sweetie, I am sooo sorry. I know the pain that goes along with losing a fur baby, and it is excruciating. I hope that you will have the strength to know that you did the right thing. Sometimes we have to let them go no matter how we feel!!! Big hugs coming at you today sweetie!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Roni said...

I'm so sorry, D. You were a hero to her, and she had a wonderful, albeit short, life becuase of you. She will always be an angel looking over your shoulder.

12:17 PM  
Blogger loribeth said...

I'm sorry, Deanna. :(

9:47 AM  
Blogger Miss X said...

Oh honey, I am so, so sorry! That is so terrible. Hugs.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Tobacco Brunette said...

Oh Deanna...I'm so, so sorry to hear about your pup. It's so hard. Sending you hugs.
XO

1:06 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I'm so sorry, De.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Wordgirl said...

Oh Deanna,

I am so so sorry.

My heart aches for you. I know so profoundly how difficult this is.


Take care of yourself, and be gentle -- grieve,


Love,

Pam

9:55 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I immediately got a lump in my throat reading your post. I know how very much our pets are like family and I'm so sorry you've lost your Sami.

I'm thinking about you!

10:18 AM  
Blogger sharah said...

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I'm tearing up just thinking about it :(

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry you lost Sami. Poor creature, I'm glad she spent her short life with such a loving, kind family.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

so sorry, that is one of the hardest things, pets are so wonderful and unconditional! Feel good knowing you gave her an awesome life!!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending lots of hugs your way!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home